Travel by bus is nothing new. People have been taking them to get around for almost 200 years. These were not always the buses that we think of today. The first horse drawn buses were started in England in the 1820s. They also pioneered steam powered buses in the 1830s. Since then, there have been a lot of advancements in bus travel. In fact, since those early days of travel on coach buses has grown dramatically. Today, there are more than 751 million motorcoach trips every year. From providing you with a mobile conference room or just having an experienced driver get you where you need to go can make a big difference.
- It is very convenient to charter a bus. When you take a plane or a train, there are a lot of limitations on where you can go and when you can go there. There are only a set number of air ports and train stations in the country. In terms of taking general transportation, you have a lot more options when it comes to buses, there are a far greater number of bus stations but you still have to go on someone else’s schedule. When you charter a bus, you can have it pick you up at a designated spot and then take you where you need to go. If you are chartering the bus to take your group out on the town, you can have it make multiple stops and you decide when you want to leave.
- They are great for business. Whether you are looking for Wifi on a bus or need a mobile conference room, you can get that on your charter bus. In fact, the mobile conference room feature of most charter buses makes getting your employees to that conference a lot more useful. The bus is not just a transport method but a way to get everyone on board with the presentation. By setting up a mobile conference room on your bus, you can make sure everyone is on the same page and ready to go when they get to the conference.
- Travel by bus is very environmentally friendly. People do not often associate bus travel with green travel but it is one of the most environmentally friendly ways to go. In terms of the emissions of carbon dioxide, buses are the best. They put out less than just about any other form of transportation that you can find. In terms of fuel usage, you can hardly do better than with a bus. You will find that a bus can get more than 206 passenger miles per gallon (MPG). When you compare that to the 92.4 MPG for commuter trains, the 44 MPG for most commercial air planes and 46 MPG for hybrid vehicles, you can see how much better travel by bus is. This makes it a good way to get to your destination and reduce your carbon footprint at the same time.
- They are less expensive. There are a lot of ways that travel by charter bus can save you money. If you are sending a number of people somewhere, you will find no group travel options that are more cost effective than chartering a bus. If you have a group of people that wants to travel together, you can all chip in and then the price is a lot less per person than traveling by individual car. You will also save on parking, gas and the people in your group will not have to add any wear and tear to their cars and trucks. In that way, this is a very economical way to go.
- They are comfortable. People often think of buses from years ago that were not comfortable. Today’s buses, whether they are charter buses or general transportation buses, are a lot more comfortable than other forms of transportation. People can get much more room to stretch out in and really enjoy the ride.
When you are looking at ways to get to a location or to have a good night out on the town, it is really hard to beat chartering a bus. They are cost effective, comfortable and really great for the environment.